Privacy Notice Summit School of Judo (How we use Club Members information)
The categories of Club Members information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
• personal information of member (such as name, date of birth, address, photo for recognition/register)
• Membership contact information (Under 18’s must have a primary contact over 18. These include Next of Kin, Name, emergency contact telephone and email)
• Medical Information (Allergies and other conditions that may affect their participation i.e Asthma)
• special categories of data including characteristics information such as gender, age, ethnic group, disability
• NGB licence details and competition data (This is collected and shared with the British judo Association, to advise and guide members on the next steps in qualification or grading)
• qualifications (Grading and, where relevant, subjects taught)
Why we collect and use this information
We use member information data to:
• enable the development of a comprehensive picture of the member to assist with progression in the sport;
• inform members about development of the sport, Club; and
• enable members to progress onto higher level competitions; and
• Enable the British Judo Association to track and improve Judo for its members.
• Accident records and Emergency contact in case of injury.
The lawful basis on which we process this information
We process this information under the membership contract you have entered into with Summit School of Judo or in relation to the steps taken to enter into that contract.
Where information of a non-sensitive nature is processed and is therefore in the Club’s legitimate interests i.e. membership of the club. Where sensitive data is processed by means of consent, with appropriate safeguards and is in the legitimate interests of the Club. Or is in your vital interests.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain membership information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing this information
We hold your data for the duration of your membership with the club. Where we have invoiced
for items or collected payments, the Club will retain your information for 7 years.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share this information with:
• NGB British Judo Association
• BJA Hampshire Judo
• BJA Southern Area Judo
• Sport England
• Energise Me!
• Other Club’s where competitions are held
The reason for sharing your data is to highlight and encourage competitors to advance in the
sport. Or to apply for further funding to ensure the sports or clubs longevity.
Why we share membership information
We do not share information about members with anyone without consent unless the law and our
policies allow us to do so.
It is a pre-requisite of the sport that all club members register with the British Judo Association,
hence we will supply information to them, for this and insurance purposes.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you
that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact Paul Hamilton
You also have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or
• prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means
• in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you
raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information
Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
Paul Hamilton – firstname.lastname@example.org